Registered Commons:Feature Wishlist
From Registered Commons
This page is for new feature ideas.
We welcome any translation of the Localisations files. Just put result into this WIKI and notify stamp (at) registerdcommons.org
Show statistics on work description page: how often is a work description page retrieved?
Currently, there are no other urgent feature requests. If you have one, put it here.
Additional to the use of RSS-Feeds in all available readers we have created a small package to include the feeds in any other web-project. Please download the client here: www.registeredcommons.org/clients/regc.rss.tar.gz
- Allow harvesting for Open Archive  to allow syndication by e.g. Scientific Commons http://www.scientificcommons.org
- Introduce OpenID , give two trust levels for it, implementation can be done e.g. with https://rpxnow.com/ or http://openidenabled.com/php-openid
- investigate furtehr options to check ID and determine Trust Level at RC. Candidates are: Trufina http://www.trufina.com/ , credit card clearing, mobile phone number check
- Fetch work from URL
- Link tool for social network portals (to embed html code or add bookmark etc) such as http://www.addthis.com/customization.php
- Offer to user, when looking at own work, to register another release of the work (for example a new version or using another resolution or codec), taking all metadata from current work
- Drag & Drop registration from desktop (watch out for solutions at www.Safecreative.com)
- Find similar / altered releases of work (investigate 3rd party solutions)
- Bulk registration (client for all platforms?)
- REST-style web services API, at least for fetching information
For feature requests see also https://developer.berlios.de/feature/?group_id=7398
- Double Licensing
All those features went live in spring 2009 after a beta testing phase. For details what we have done see Licensing Refinements.
- Issuing signed certificates on paper
- Extend License Templates (GPL, PD)
- Allow registrant to hide work
- Pre-Registration (Two Step registration) of works to allow linking to registration from inside works.
The development environment was located at Berlios until 2011. Ticktes are now collected at ALLMENDA.